Retailers: Specialty retailers in the USA and Canada can now apply for Regional Championships for games on the May Track. International retailers should contact their local distributor of Fantasy Flight Games Organized Play products for more information.
Each Regional Championship is a major event in the Organized Play Championship Series for games on the May Track, and hosting one of these exclusive tournaments transforms your store into a hub of excitement for players throughout your region. You'll boost your local playgroup, enhance your reputation, and reward participants with custom prizes.
You can learn more about Regional Championships below.
Each Regional Championship in the Fantasy Flight Games Organized Play Championship Series is an exclusive opportunity for your store to host a game's most passionate players from all throughout the surrounding area.
Hosting one of these highly coveted tournaments can help you grow your community to greater heights as players frequently travel many hours to attend and compete for the exclusive Regional Championship prizes.
- Regional Championships mark a step up in the scope and competition from a Store Championship and build toward the National Championships and World Championships that follow.
- This application period pertains to the Regional Championships for each of the games on the May Track of Organized Play. November Track games will take applications in approximately six months.
- Regional Championships for games on the May Track take place during a weekend, between November 12th and February 26th.
- Retailers looking to host Regional Championships outside of the United States and Canada should contact their local distributor of Fantasy Flight Games Organized Play products for more information.
Each Regional Kit provides you with materials to help you run the best tournament possible, including a range of exclusive prizes, as well as a promotional poster, and an information sheet with instructions for running your event according to Regional Championship standards.
Of course, the main allure of the Regional Championship Kit are its highly coveted exclusive prizes. The contents of these kits vary from game to game, but each kit supports players at all tiers:
- Sixty-four copies of a tournament-legal alternate art card from the game for the top entrants.
- Limited edition components and items to commemorate the accomplishments of top competitors. Each game features a different selection of sought-after prizes, such as acrylic tokens, alternate appearance dice, playmats, challenge coins, or cards presented in wood or plastic, for the Top 16, Top 8, and Top 4 competitors.
- One card worth a prize bye at the game's National Championship tournament.
- One custom acrylic trophy for the winner, forever commemorating that player's rise to the rank of Regional Champion!
Please Note: Previews of the exclusive contents in each game's Regional Championship Kit will appear in the weeks before the Regional Championship season begins, providing players with their first glimpses of these exclusive materials and heightening their anticipation of your 2016 Regional Championship event.
For games on the May Track of Organized Play, we are looking for approximately twenty-four ideal retailers to host Regional Championships in the United States and seven to host Regional Championships in Canada. Some retailers may be awarded Regional Championships for multiple games.
The locations for our Regional Championships within the United States and Canada are chosen according to three key criteria:
- The outstanding quality of retailer applications.
- The concentration and size of the local player communities.
- The need for coverage across the United States and Canada.
We may increase or decrease the number of Regional Championships for some games in consideration of these factors.
Internationally, our distributors to award and support Regional Championships with local versions of the same three factors listed above.
Thanks to the fact that we receive so many fantastic applications each year, we aren’t always able to award an event to every deserving store. However, each year is a new season, and we want every store to show the best they have to offer. We do our best to get to know retailers, but sometimes, your application is all we have to go by. For that reason, we have added many additional optional fields to the applications, which you can use to make your store's strengths shine through.
Below, you can find a few ways to help improve the chances for your store's successful application:
- Demonstrating your passion for a particular game or event is arguably the best way to set your store apart. When the organizer’s passion for a particular game comes through in an application, we take notice.
- Regional Championships are exclusive events, and we hope to find retailers that value our games and their incredible player communities as much as we do. Do you run weekly game nights, have you previously participated in major FFG events, or have you created your own, unique FFG-related events in the past?
- Let us know what you have planned. How are you going to make your Regional Championship truly special? Side events, promotions, cosplay, giveaways, live streaming, and other ideas can go a long way toward making your store a repeat host for a Regional Championship.
- How many large events has your store run for FFG products? Other games? Retailers that have demonstrated operational excellence with substantial events are frequently great candidates to host a Regional Championship.
- Help us understand what makes your store distinct. Is there anything else you can include in your application that will help someone who has never been to your store to understand how awesome it really is? Be sure that your application doesn't overlook any of these defining details.
Are You a Player?
The Regional Championships application period isn't just an exciting time for retailers. It's also an exciting time for every committed player who wants to help grow his or her local community.
You can do your part by asking your favorite game store to apply to host Regional Championships for your favorite games. If you’re interested in taking a more active role in bringing Organized Play events to your store, here are some other ways you can promote Fantasy Flight Games Organized Play:
- Encourage your friends to join you and play at your favorite local game store.
- Ask your favorite local game store if you can post a sign-up sheet for upcoming events.
- Point your favorite store to the FFG Organized Play webpage to learn more.
Additionally, you can keep watch for our upcoming previews of the Regional Championship prizes in mid-September, and increase the buzz for these events by alerting your friends to the news of all the great, exclusive prizes they might win!