The Stuff of Legends
Announcing a Deck-Building Contest for Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game
The Accursed Dead is scheduled to arrive at retailers everywhere next week, and with its release The Bloodquest Cycle will reach its halfway point. In Regional Championship tournament play and the various previews by guest writer Torsten Krämer, we’ve already seen many of the ways this newest cycle is adding surprises and steel to Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game.
New quests “break” the old rules that used to govern the nature of burning zones and how questing works. New units have arrived to accelerate your questing as you strive toward material gains. New tactics provide efficient means of shoring up your strengths or defending yourself against the Judgement of Verena (Core Set, 49). Meanwhile, the High Elves have taken gigantic strides forward behind their new legend, securing a solid position in the war for dominance of the Old World.
Now, with the release of the cycle’s third Battle Pack, The Accursed Dead, on the horizon, we want to encourage you to explore the cycle’s cards and themes as fully as possible. To that end, we’re challenging you to participate in our Warhammer: Invasion deck-building contest!
Do You Have the Stuff of Legends?
While the Old World’s armies collide on the battlefield, The Bloodquest Cycle draws attention to those units tasked to uncover new powers to overthrow their enemies. As noted by lead developer Lukas Litzsinger, The Bloodquest Cycle was designed to promote several of the game’s main themes:
“Quests are a unique and exciting card type for Warhammer: Invasion, and one that we’ve had a lot of fun exploring. While many of them haven’t always been viable at the highest levels of the game, The Bloodquest Cycle should change that. In addition to making quests more interesting, we also wanted to use The Bloodquest Cycle as a chance to increase opposition in combat, provide legends with extra support, and give the game’s races some new sub-themes and strategies.”
Accordingly, the Warhammer: Invasion deck-building contest is meant to test your ability to make the most of these themes and the cards that support them. Will the game’s new Artefacts promote new use of powerful legends? Will the cycle’s innovative new quests become central to new strategies? We want to see your answers in action!
You build the decks, and we’ll select our eight favorite entries. Then, Fantasy Flight Games staff will run the top eight decks by proxy in a mini-tournament to decide the contest winner. All decks must follow the guidelines below:
- Each player starts the game with a single legend in play. This legend counts against the minimum deck size of 50 cards.
- At least 20 cards in your deck must come from the first three Battle Packs of The Bloodquest Cycle – Rising Dawn, Fragments of Power, and The Accursed Dead.
- You must include at least one Artefact and one quest card from The Bloodquest Cycle.
- All other standard deck-building restrictions apply, including limitations upon Restricted Cards.
Fantasy Flight Games will award the designers of each of the top eight decks with a free copy of the fourth Battle Pack from The Bloodquest Cycle, Vessel of the Winds.
Furthermore, the player who submits the deck that wins the contest’s mini-tournament will win the new deck box and custom capital cards from the upcoming Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game Game Night Kit!
Please abide by the following rules when submitting your entry:
- This contest is open to all participants worldwide.
- Submissions must be received by 10 AM Central time, Friday, July 6th. Send all submissions to [email protected].
- All submissions should include the subject line, “Warhammer: Invasion Deck-Building Contest”
- Participants may submit up to two entries, one for the races of Order and one for the races of Destruction.
- All deck lists must clearly identify the intended capital board as well as the restricted card (if any) included in the deck.
- Participants may submit short strategy guides of no more than 200 words per deck.
- Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop reserve the right to reject any submission that does not follow these guidelines without notification.
- You must agree to our submission terms. Include the following disclaimer in your email, verbatim:
“I certify that I am the creator of the attached material and that attached material is original, unpublished work. Fantasy Flight Games, Games Workshop, and their licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works, and otherwise use the material for any purposes in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop against all claims, suits, costs, damages, and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material.”
Are you ready to conquer the Old World? Pick up your copy of The Accursed Dead when it arrives at retailers next week; then send us your best deck design by 10 AM Friday, July 6th!