Updated LCG Tournament Rules
The LCG Regional Championships Benefit from Growing Card Pools
The participation of card players from around the world has already made our 2012 LCG Regional Championship tournament season one of the best ever, but there’s still another month of dramatic tournament play remaining!
Now, players looking forward to Regional Championship tournaments for A Game of Thrones: The Card Game, Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game, and Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game can add the great new cards from each game’s most recent cycle of expansion packs.
A Game of Thrones: The Card Game
- The tournament card pool for A Game of Thrones: The Card Game has been updated, and the Beyond the Narrow Sea Chapter Pack, Valar Morghulis, will be legal for tournament play as of June 8th, 2012.
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game
The Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game tournament rules (pdf, 4.3 MB) have been updated and are available on the game’s support page. The updates further define the nature and potential consequences of unsportsmanlike conduct, expand the legal sets for tournament play, and clarify the resolution of the final round of a game that plays to time.
- The tournament rules now clearly identify intentional scouting as unsportsmanlike behavior and allow tournament organizer’s the option to deduct points as punishment for players’ unsportsmanlike conduct.
- The first two Asylum Packs from the Revelations cycle, Written and Bound and Words of Power, are now immediately legal for Call of Cthulhu tournament play.
- The tournament rules have been updated to clarify how to resolve a game that runs to time during Swiss play. “If time is called and the players have not completed their game, then the player who went second completes his final round and then the player who has won the most stories wins the game.”
Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game
- The rules have been slightly altered for games going to time. A new sentence has been added to reduce the impact of the extra turn the first player gains if a match ends on his turn. “If time was called on the first player’s turn and he fails to achieve victory at the end of his turn, the second player gets one more turn before the game ends.”
- The card pool has been updated to include all Battle Packs from The Bloodquest Cycle that have been available for 30 days since their release, meaning Rising Dawn is now legal for tournament play.
There’s just more than a month remaining of the 2012 Regional Championship tournament season, and we are excited to see how players make use of the new cards and strategies presented within these LCG expansions.
Are you looking to participate in one of these exciting events? You can find a complete list of our 2012 Regional Championship tournaments and venues on our Organized Play site.
in our forums!