The Next Evolution of the Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta
A Major Update is Upcoming As the Beta Continues
Last week, we announced on the Dark Heresy Second Edition beta forums that we will be extending the beta process. Over the past six weeks, we have been following the discussions in our forums, and reading the in-depth feedback that you have submitted. Because of your input, we are making significant changes to Dark Heresy Second Edition. This is an excellent example of how important the beta process is, and how much we value your involvement.
The design team is already hard at work implementing changes to Dark Heresy Second Edition. Dark Heresy Second Edition’s core system will be revised to follow (with some important exceptions, some of which are outlined below) the development vein of Only War and Black Crusade. This new course will enable Dark Heresy Second Edition to become the latest and best iteration of the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay system.
Due to the extensive nature of the changes to Dark Heresy Second Edition, our next update will be available at the end of November. Instead of a list of changes, this update will be a new and complete document containing the newest iteration of Dark Heresy Second Edition. Everyone who has purchased the Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta will be able to download the new version of the beta free of charge, and, of course, will still receive their $20 credit toward the purchase of the final game.
While the upcoming update will fully detail all of the changes to Dark Heresy Second Edition, a brief overview of some of the changes is outlined below:
- Weapons and Combat rules, as well as the Skills and Talents selection and usage will be made more consistent with Only War.
- NPCs will be rebuilt to become compatible and usable in other Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay games
- A new Reinforcements system which allows players to temporarily call-in and play as high-level characters will be added.
It is important to note that some of the popular elements from the current beta will be retained in this new direction, some of which are outlined below:
- The new sector, Askellon, will remain, giving your Acolytes a whole new sector full of heresy to eradicate.
- The character creation system will remain as well, along with Elite Advances, allowing you to play as a Psyker, Untouchable, or even Inquisitor.
- Rules for Subtlety, Influence, and Investigation will be retained.
- Integrated vehicle and vehicle combat rules will remain.
The design team wishes to thank you for all of your dedication and hard work on Dark Heresy Second Edition so far, and is looking forward to working with you as we continue the process of crafting the best possible game experience.
in our forums!