Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta: Update # 3
News From the Developers of the Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta
Hello Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta Testers! Welcome to Week 3 of Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta Playtesting! Every Wednesday, we will post a weekly update to keep you informed about the progress of the beta. This post will include any big news involving the beta, guidance on where we would like you to focus your attention in the coming week, and a PDF update to the beta document to keep you informed of the most recent tweaks and changes to the Dark Heresy Second Edition core rules.
This week’s update (pdf, 12.7 MB) can be found on the beta support page and includes new items (in red) as well as all the previous updates to the beta. Additionally, there is a dedicated thread in the Game Mechanics forum in which you can discuss any feedback directly related to this week’s update. As always, you can email us directly at [email protected] to best ensure we see your feedback too. As a reminder, when you submit your feedback via e-mail, it is most helpful to us if you consolidate multiple questions and comments into a single message, rather than sending a separate e-mail for each question or comment. Testing the Beta As mentioned above, each week we will concentrate on a certain aspect of the Dark Heresy rules that we would like you to focus on testing in that week. This will allow us to take a deeper look at individual features, and help facilitate more in-depth discussions. Keep in mind, however, that these topics are just the focus for the week, and you are welcome to continue testing whatever aspect of the rules you wish at your own pace. Any and all feedback is welcome at any time.
This week, we’d like attention on two chapters: Armoury (Chapter V) and Psychic Powers (Chapter VI). First, we want to take a closer look and the various weapons, tools, cybernetics, armour, and other wargear at your disposal in the Armoury chapter. Make a few Requisition tests, acquire a few pieces of gear your character wouldn’t normally use, or maybe a few you feel would be perfect for your character.
- How well did the rules work for acquiring gear? Were certain things too easy or too hard to obtain?
- Are there armoury items that the warband feels are too powerful/useful, or too weak/ineffective?
- Do any of the armoury items that players chose cause any conflicts with other rules the Acolytes have access to (such as Talents or Skills)?
- Do all the availabilities of the items you acquired feel accurate to their power level?
Also, pick a vehicle or two and take them for a test drive, or even try creating new ones. Does the acquisition process feel comfortable and easy to use, and are vehicle traits clear and complete for basic vehicle operations? Second, we would like players to focus on the psychic powers available in the Psychic Powers chapter. If your group doesn’t have one currently, have one of the players create a psyker to join the warband for a session to try out the rules for acquiring and using these powers.
- Are there certain psychic powers you found too powerful/useful, or too weak/ineffective?
- How does the warband’s psyker compare in effectiveness to the other Acolytes?
- Do the experience costs of the psychic powers feel accurate to their power levels, and affordable for an advancing Psyker?
We look forward to your thoughts and opinions as the beta progresses. Thank you all for your invaluable feedback and insight during this process. We appreciate your help in making Dark Heresy Second Edition the best game possible!
in our forums!