Resume Your Service to the Emperor
Announcing the Return of the Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta Version 2.0
“Even a short period of isolation is enough for heresy to breed. The call for vigilance is unending.” —Reputed words of Ezzarth Felissimo
Attention Acolytes and Inquisitors:
Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta Version 2.0 is now available for download exclusively at drivethrurpg.com and rpgnow.com. Download your copy today, and prepare to root out heresy in the name of the Emperor.
For those who downloaded the original version, the Dark Heresy Second Edition open beta test is ready to resume, following significant changes based on your feedback,
This is a new and complete document containing the newest iteration of Dark Heresy Second Edition. Everyone who has purchased the Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta will be able to download the new version of the beta free of charge, and, of course, will still receive their $20 credit toward the purchase of the final game. Those who are purchasing the beta for the first time will also receive a $20 credit toward the purchase of the final game.
Beginning next week, the design team will be posting regular updates on the Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta site, and will be asking for your feedback on particular elements of the beta. Of course, feedback on all areas of the game is always welcome, and can be submitted via email at [email protected].
The beta period will run for six weeks, so gather your fellow Acolytes, and get ready to root out heresy in the Askellon Sector.
What’s Inside Version 2.0?
In Dark Heresy Second Edtion Beta Version 2.0, veteran Dark Heresy players will discover a familiar system but with updated and new rules, including:
- Askellon, a brand new sector to explore.
- Vehicles and vehicle combat, now integrated into the core game experience.
- Fast and fun character creation, with exciting variety through combinations of home worlds, backgrounds, and roles for almost endless roleplaying possibilities.
- New rules for Subtlety, representing how secretive or overt the Acolytes are conducting their investigations.
- Reinforcement Characters that allow players to call on the aid of powerful individuals in the Askellon Sector, and assume the role of one of these characters in the game.
- New graphical NPC and weapon layouts, making it easier for Game Masters and players to access needed information.
- Easier-to-use NPCs, each with a threat rating so that Game Masters can build suitably challenging encounters.
Those who purchased the initial version of the beta will receive an email with instructions for downloading Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta Version 2.0 at no additional charge. In order to receive this email, please make sure your drivethrurpg.com or rpgnow.com account settings allow you to receive email updates.
We would like to extend our sincerest thanks for your enthusiasm and diligence during this beta test. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us and we thank you for helping us in making this game the best it can possibly be.