Claim Your Bounty
A Look at the Prizes for the 2018 X-Wing™ System Open Series
“What if he doesn’t survive? He’s worth a lot to me.”
–Boba Fett, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
The 2018 X-Wing™ System Open Series is a global celebration of your favorite fast-paced Star Wars starfighter battles.
Running from November 2017 to June 2018, the System Open Series consists of fifteen high-energy events, each of which will play host to hundreds of enthusiastic players, top-level competition, and entertaining side events.
They also come with an array of exclusive prizes—everything from alternate art cards and acrylic maneuver templates to commemorative game mats and invitations to the 2018 Coruscant Invitational that could cover your flight and accommodations.
What bounty can you claim for your participation in the 2018 X-Wing System Open Series? Let’s take a look!
System Open Prizes
The heart of each System Open event is the System Open tournament. Divided into three Stages, each System Open tournament promises top-level competition and top-level prizes.
Prizes for the System Open tournament are separated by the Stages at which they’re awarded.
- Each participant receives a double-sided upgrade card that features the Millennium Falcon on one side and Slave I on the other. Participants also receive a copy of The Force Awakens™ Core Set damage deck, themed with a custom Boba Fett card back.
- Participants also gain the option to acquire a Mandalore-themed, tournament-legal 2018 System Open Series game mat. (Contact your event organizer for more details.)
- All players who advance to Stage 2 receive one pair of commemorative acrylic target lock tokens, plus two double-sided Aurebesh ship cards featuring full-bleed art for the Resistance Sympathizer and Mandalorian Mercenary.
- Stage 2 participants also receive one plastic, spot-glossed version of the double-sided, full-bleed Resistance Sympathizer and Mandalorian Mercenary.
- Finally, Stage 2 participants receive one copy of the double-sided, full-bleed Aurebesh card awarded to participants in the 2017 System Open Hangar Bay events. This card features the Lothal Rebel on one side and the Baron of the Empire on the other.
- All players who qualify for Stage 3 win a set of alternate art ship cards that boldly features four of the galaxy’s deadliest bounty hunters—Boba Fett, Bossk, Dengar, and IG-88B.
- The Top 32 players each win a set of ten acrylic shield tokens.
- The Top 16 players each win a set of three bounty hunter-themed range rulers—one full ruler, one sized at Range 1–2, and one just for Range 1.
- The Top 8 players win an invite to the Coruscant Invitational, as well as an additional set of ten acrylic shield tokens.
- The Top 4 players win one of the best looking sets of maneuver templates you’ll ever find—all painstakingly designed to evoke the menace of Boba Fett.
- Both System Open finalists receive commemorative plaques.
- Finally, the Champion of each System Open receives a beautiful trophy along with a free flight and accommodations for the 2018 Coruscant Invitational!
For more about the 2018 System Open Series event structure, read our article, “2018 System Open Briefing.”
Hangar Bay Prizes
The popular Hangar Bay side event returns for the 2018 X-Wing System Open.
Hangar Bay tournaments will run each day of a System Open event, and participants of these three-round events will earn more prizes the better they do.
- All participants earn one double-sided Aurebesh ship card featuring full-bleed art for the Resistance Sympathizer and Mandalorian Mercenary.
- Players who win at least two games earn a second copy of this double-sided ship card.
- Players who go undefeated through all three rounds of a Hangar Bay tournament cap off their collection of double-sided Aurebesh ship cards with a special plastic, spot-glossed version.
Additionally, players who participated in the System Open and did not qualify for Stage 2 can earn a special reward by joining one of the Hangar Bay events scheduled to begin alongside Stage 2. This special reward is a double-sided, full-bleed card, featuring Aurebesh versions of the Lothal Rebel and Baron of the Empire.
The Hyperspace Qualifier is a unique event format making its debut with the 2018 X-Wing System Open Series.
There will be at least one Hyperspace Qualifier at each System Open, scheduled to start alongside Stage 3. At some venues—which host events that include days without main event stages—there may be more than one Hyperspace Qualifier.
Consisting of six Swiss rounds with no cut, the Hyperspace Qualifier offers players a second chance to earn an invite to the Coruscant Invitational and incorporates the unique “hyperspace jump.”
The “hyperspace jump” mechanic allows players who failed to qualify for the Coruscant Invitational and have been eliminated from Stage 3 of the System Open to immediately walk over and register for the Hyperspace Qualifier, joining the competition mid-tournament with a bye for each round they missed.
Players earn prizes based on both their participation and their success.
- All participants receive a pair of commemorative, acrylic target lock tokens and an alternate art Boba Fett ship card (from the Scum and Villainy faction).
- At the end of Round 1, all participants receive an alternate art Bossk ship card.
- At the end of Round 2, all participants receive an alternate art Dengar ship card.
- At the end of Round 3, all participants receive an alternate art IG-88B ship card.
- Players who finish with five or more wins receive a set of ten acrylic shield tokens.
- Players who finish undefeated receive an additional set of ten acrylic shield tokens—plus an invitation to the 2018 Coruscant Invitational.
Taking place the weekend of October 5th – 7th at our headquarters in Roseville, Minnesota, the Coruscant Invitational is an elite, top-level event available only to players who qualify during the System Open Series.
Participants will have the chance to join the game’s developers for a special panel and signing session, and they’ll win an array of prizes (yet to be announced).
Most notably, the 2018 X-Wing System Open Series Champion will win the Greatest Prize in Gaming™—a chance to inspire the design of a card for X-Wing and help shape the game you love!
We will reveal more information about the Coruscant Invitational and its prizes as we draw closer to the event.