Preview the 2016 Star Wars™: The Card Game North American Championship Prizes
“Well, if droids could think, there’d be none of us here, would there?”
- Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
Fantasy Flight Games is excited to announce the 2016 Star Wars™: The Card Game North American Championship Prizes!
A vital part of the Championship Series, the 2016 North American Championship will be held at GenCon Indianapolis at 2:00 PM on August 5th. After a cut in competition, a second day of play will be held on August 6th at 10:00 AM in order to crown a champion. With its fantastic prizes and tremendous field of competitors, the Star Wars: The Card Game North American Championship will be quite the proving ground for those who plan on attending the 2016 Star Wars: The Card Game World Championship in November.
What are the Prizes for the 2016 North American Championships?
Do you think you have what it takes to rise to the top? Doing well at the 2016 Star Wars: The Card Game North American Championship will reward you with a variety of exciting prizes to show off your successes.
- First Place: The winner of the North American Championship receives a first-place trophy to show off to their family and friends, and a first-round bye at the 2016 Star Wars: The Card Game World Championship. A first-round bye will give you a big advantage over the fierce competition at Worlds.
- Top Four: The top four players each receive a printed acrylic Death Star dial, a technological terror that you can be proud of and use in games to show the accumulation of Imperial success.
- Top Eight: The top eight players each receive a playmat depicting a Droid Revolution in progress!
- Top Sixteen: The top sixteen players can put more power into their deflectors with a set of acrylic shield tokens.
- Day 2 Competitors: Players who make it to the second day of competition will receive a brand new, never-before-seen plastic spot-glossed card. This card will be announced and revealed to the world at the beginning of the tournament!
- All Competitors: All players will receive one copy of the alternate art card Rebel Assault, and one copy of a brand new extended art card which will be debuted at the beginning of the tournament!
In addition, the Top 4 competitors of the North American Championship will earn a reserved spot at the 2016 Star Wars: The Card Game World Championship this November! (Note: Top 4 competitors must fill out this form by October 4th, 2016 to claim and purchase their reserved seat, and/or notify us of their intention to attend.)
What is the North American Championship?
The North American Championship is a prestigious competitive event open to players from all over the world and are not exclusionary based on nationality or location. This prominent Championship uses the Premier Tournament Tier, reflecting the high-level competitive atmosphere of these events. It follows the National Championships in the Organized Play calendar and connects the large gaming communities that span the globe. For more information, you can read our article on the Championship Series.
Join the Revolution
Soon, competitors will attend 2016 North American Championships in an attempt to win these attractive prizes and prove your superior programming. Don’t miss out on your chance to acquire some of these prizes for yourself and add them to your collection!
Note: The alternate art cards in this kit are produced via FFG's In-House Manufacturing and may appear slightly different in color and texture from the game's other cards. To be tournament legal, these cards must be sleeved with opaque or art sleeves.
© & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.