Attention all retailers! As this summer’s release of Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition approaches, enthusiasm among the player community is rapidly heating up. Want to be part of the excitement while giving your local community an early chance to play? Sign up to host a Second Edition preview event in your store July 6th–8th!
UPDATE (June 5th): We are no longer accepting applications. Look for a list of participating retailers on our website soon.
Fantasy Flight Games is express-shipping a limited number of advance copies, to make them available to interested retailers across North America as part of a Descent Second Edition Preview Kit (international retailers should check our list of participating distributors; check back often as this list may grow). With this kit, you can make your store a sought-after hub of information on Second Edition, as eager players flock through your doors to demo the game and check out its components!
Available only to retailers, the North American Descent Second Edition Preview Kit includes...
- One complete copy of Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition. Use it to run demos of the introductory quest, run a longer campaign and allow players to take turns sitting in, or just place the game on display for customers to explore. The choice is yours!
- A set of four promotional Hero figures. You’ll receive detailed figures for Nara the Fang, Tobin Farslayer, Jonas the Kind, and Truthseer Kel, which you can use as prizes or giveaways at your preview event or in your promotions leading up to the release. Note: Hero sheets for these characters are not included, and come in the Second Edition Conversion Kit.
- One 19½ x 13½ inch poster and one 8½ x 11 inch window cling. Generate excitement for Second Edition’s upcoming release by displaying this eye-catching signage in your store. These promotional materials generate excitement for Second Edition, so they remain useful long after your event is over.
- Fifty Second Edition postcards. Mail these convenient promotional tools to your best customers or stuff them into bags at your Second Edition preview event.
- A pre-order signup sheet. Place this handy flyer on your countertop or near your Second Edition demo area, and empower players to declare their pre-orders for Second Edition and the Conversion Kit!
What Should You Do Now?
- American retailers should fill out our quick online application by June 4th. But hurry...we have a limited number of kits available. Then, shortly after the June 4th deadline, we’ll announce the full list of participating retailers here on our website. Finally, we’ll send the kits out for your Descent Second Edition preview event, July 6th-8th! You’ll have a few days in advance to go over the rules and prepare your demos.
- Canadian retailers should contact Lion Rampant Imports, who will provide instructions on how to receive the North American Preview Kit.
- Other International retailers should contact their country’s participating distributor. Note that Preview Kits outside North America may contain different materials.
- Players can even get involved! Tell your local retailer about this opportunity and encourage them to participate. You might even volunteer to run a demo.
Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition is coming, and you have a chance to be among the first to play it. Get involved at your local retailer, and prepare to forge a new legend!
Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition is a story-driven board game for 2-5 players that takes a party of adventurers deep into the dungeons of Terrinoth for adventure, treasure, and glory. Players will embark on a campaign of linked quests as they develop characters based on four fantasy archetypes.