I have just uploaded the latest version of The Director's Cut variant rules to the files section on BGG. These rules address many of the disparities between theme and gameplay in a game of Android, including rules to:
* Turn the murder into a true deductive experience (with a "real" murderer).
* Eliminate the unthematic 5-in-a-row scoring on the conspiracy puzzle.
* Allow each investigator to experience their game "day" concurrently rather than consecutively (and reduce downtime).
* Adjust how dark cards are drawn and played to be more in theme with what is happening on the board.
* Give NPCs more involvement in the unfolding story and allow some characters to "crossover" into another detective's story.
* Plus many more...
Version 2.0 incorporates the following changes:
* Extensive rule changes for the conspiracy, to make the placement of every tile worthwhile and reduce the overpowered nature of the conspiracy overall.
* Rewording of the NPC rules to accommodate the upcoming Director's Cut - Alternate Plots.
* Minor tweaks and revisions to the Murder rules.
* Alternate rules for movement by Beanstalk.
You can find the file here:
As always, GeekGold tips gratefully accepted. Enjoy!
Want to use more expansion monsters in a RtL campaign? Download my dungeon level loadout sheet. Want more varied and interesting abilities for the heroes? Have a look at my Craft cards! After a more thematic Android experience? Check out Android: The Directors Cut. Tired of the same old plots? Try The Directors Cut - Alternate Plots. Want a different way to play BSG: Pegasus? Look at Pegasus: Razor Cut.