I'm so glad a game like this came out. Here are my questions:
1) Is dust tactics based(kinda) off of At-43?
2) My local store carries all the products, but how do I determine points after buying the core set?
3) What other nationalities will be released?
Other than that I aint got nothing. I guess I can tell ya' about me'self. I started off with at-43, then I got into some warhammer. I still play warhammer but I am going to get into Dust tactics because I just like it better. I am about to have a birthday and I'll 15. For my b'day i'm thinking of getting some Historical mini's.
|Page 1 of 1 (4 messages)||1|
Also, me and my friend are both going to spend 50 bucks to start. We want the tabletop though. What should be our first units?
$50 isnt going to go very far if you are just getting into the game.
If you are going to pool your money to get a Revised Core Box, then that only leaves you with $20 for extras. I would sugjest getting the Revised Unit Card Update pack, for $15. That way you can see the points cost and strengths of all of the units released so far, and plan your armies for future purchases.
If you already HAVE the core set ( i cant tell from your post if you do or not ) then my first purchase with the extra $50 would be a Medium Walker kit for $25, then, maybe a Command Squad, or some Regular troop units, like Battle Grenadiers, or Combat Rangers, to bolster your disposable troop line.
If you can, get the Original Out-of-Print Core Box, its $99, but has 4 Medium Walkers and a bunch of troops, then just download the Revised Rule Set for free!
Then army units added later are very reasonably priced, especialy if you are used paying for Games Workshop stuff!!!
Welcome to the War!!
Have fun blow'n stuff up!
Why does being bad FEEL SO GOOD?!?!?!
1) Yes and no they are completely different games. Fluffwise you could think that when this war is over they use the tech from the aliens and explore different worlds or that they mentions a galactic battle going on and the AT-43 is that galactic war and the humans are non-terra humans. There is a lot of room to make extra homegrown units and in my blog I have the Red Blok units as cards to use for Russians.
2) You can get the coreset for Dust Tactics but you'll have to wait for the rulebook to see any stats or points if they've changed from Dust Tactics. I'd personally get the regular core set first then the revised due to the fact you get more and its a good deal on the medium walkers.
3) Russians and Aliens. Among the faction will be subfactions the first they've released is the Britians for the Allies. It's just a simple unit so far but I'm sure we'll see more to come. Also Japanese for the Axis and Chinese for the Russians.
Also you can read my blog for other stuff that may help with your decision I have pros and cons of a ton of units so once you get a coreset this might help with your next unit to buy. twc-dust-tactics.blogspot.com
Those who dont know the past are condemned to repeat it.
Okay I see. We'll probably get the revised core set, then by the time the rulebook comes out we'll already have our armies. I actually think that the ffg minis are reasonably priced, and they are base coated! And I've seen your blog, I already have it bookmarked. One thing i'm going to try to do though, escpecially with dust warfare, is make as many minis as I can. I'm excited about the rulebook especially because of who is writing it!
|Page 1 of 1 (4 messages)||1|