My group recently finished its long, slow death, with one of our three players moving away for college. We never got to play Black Crusade; it came out, I offered to run it, they built characters, and then eight weeks later we gave up on trying to get together. While I've been enjoying my Only War campaign through a group of /tg/ fellows, I still wonder about Black Crusade.
Tell me about your characters!
Our party was going to be a Renegade and a Chosen. The Renegade was going to be a con artist from a hive gang, obsessed with vengeance. His bloodthirstyness was supposed to lead him to follwoing Khorne. Pretty basic stuff. The Chosen was much better, despite originally being a joke character. The original summary was "Don Quixote the Space Marine." Basically, he got shot in the head and kind of lost his mind. He's obsessed with being a cliche good guy, determined to 'liberate' the people of the Imperium and those under Chaos alike. His goal was to stay Unaligned and just get really, really good at chainswording bad guys.
I've converted Dark Heresy to the Only War system. Please take a look!
|Page 1 of 1 (9 messages)||1|
A Chosen veteran of the Great Crusade, a newly minted Sorcerer obsessed with knowledge, a Heretek obsessed with archeotech (unknowningly carrying scrap code) and an Apostate who's got one word of Enuncia thus far. NPC for guest players and extra control is an ex-Guard carrying the sniper rifle of an extremely famous Exitus operative, slowly getting possessed by said operative's 'soul'/'ghost'/'whatever'.
As if you could kill time without injuring eternity.
-Henry David Thoreau
- Chosen of Tzeentch (traitor Flame Hawk) focused on long range shooting. Has a Psychic Pistol (randomly shoots one of the 25 powers our GM selected for it) and many Tau rifles.
- Here-tek of Nurgle, called Dr. Acula and wishes to become Dr. Acula OctoPUS. Our techie and medic resident. No longer 'human', but has the mutation to look way more normal than anyone else in the group.
- Khorne Berserker (homebrew), has Hand of Khorne but is using an Eldar sword almost twice his size.
- Champion of Slaanesh, depraved roleplaying; cut people in many pieces with lightning claws. Player retired for SAT exams.
- Apostate of Slaanesh, with depraved potential as the former. Focused on fellowship and to mingle with ignorant Imperials. Buffed a bit with Nemesis creation rules of RT, has a Dark Ally with a small vessel.
- (Me) Thousand Sons Sorcerer, collector of knowledge and blasphemous items. Got 2 force swords!
We're having a blast with this game.
I am running a Black Crusade game via mIRC and it is going great. Despite having lost 2 people, we have gained 1 more. The current group consists of:
- Zhendar: Sorcerer, Word Bearers Legion, dedicated to Tzeentch. He has recently gained the Mark of Tzeentch and going to act as Navigator for the vessel they have to begin new battles in the Long War. He was given the Litanies of Darkness which were fixed to his armor by daemons in recognition of his deeds.
- Sergeant: Champion, Alpha Legion, undivided. A warrior since the time of the Heresy and proficient in all aspects of warfare. He has recently been given the Helm of the Dread Captain. An ancient piece of armor that has seen many champions wear it and ultimately given the gift of becoming a Daemon Prince.
- Cav: Renegade, heading towards a dedication to Khorne. In the event that gave the other characters their gear Cav was given a vision of a great blood forge and a massive daemon that worked it. Given a great chain sword that was eventually bound with a daemon she will claim more skulls for the skull throne and hope to achieve transcendence.
- Maltus: Heretek, undivided. The resident genius about technology. Recently been bound with a servo skull known as the Mechanica Daemonica that gives a better understanding of heretek devices.
- Aryes: Psyker, leaning towards Slaanesh. Newest member of the group to replace the losses from people that stopped playing. Been in two session so far.
- - - - -
Samael: Chosen, Alpha Legion. Was part of the same squad as Sergeant.
Lex: Forsaken, Fire Gryphons. Loved to shoot things.
Efreet: Psyker, dedicated of Slaanesh.
Sometimes the darkness staring back at you as dozens of eyes and a thousand tentacles.
I'd tell you about mine, but Lily already jumped the gun and did.
I'm Zhendar, Heretic from days long gone, Space Marine since years before the Heresy. Zhendar is a cautious type of guy, thinking before he acts, and uses his talents as a Sorcerer mostly fettered. With the Mark of Tzeentch, he's recently begun to explore more of his sorcerous powers, having been content to mostly kill people with his bolter and chainsword up until that time. He is remarkably balanced, compared to most, also. (Point buy stats, and Zhendar has a 40 in everything but willpower, which is 60)
A simple, occasionally Wrathful [do not wreck what tech or vehicle he has declared 'his'] Heretek whose bonuses barely negate the penalties of wielding the Legion Plasma he's Weapon-Braced onto his arm. This can prove problematic given what Plasma weapons do to your chance to loot a man.
He quietly collects knowledge and equipment, following the party around with very little ambition of his own beyond what he already is doing. From his point of view, you are what you own, in a rather literal fashion, and so there's no point in being "grandiose" until you have the power to back your plans. For now, the plans of others that place them between him and his acquisitions [until the acquisitions stop firing at him] are good enough.
The Lathe Worlds has been a boon though that's for sure.
I'm GM and our partie plays 9 sessions in Yekaterinburg (Ural mountains, Russia). Warband Crusaders of Horus consist of:
- Sorcerer Dendemekh, former Thousand Son, now - Word Bearer.
- Chosen Sabbat Trask XII from Word Bearers Legion. Tear apart in melee combat any foe, even Gray Knight.
- Lord of warband, champion Cir from Lunar Wolfes (not Black Legion). Respect Horus far more than Abaddon.
- Heretek King of Swarm Laeran - former Adeptus Biologus techprist. Posessed by idea to built up an swarm of termites combined with servitors.
- Former acolute of Inquisition Kelly Blackwood - insane acolyte one of the phaenites Inquisitors. Daemon in she's mind twisted her perception of reality. She see on the place of CSM loyal SM, in Chaos worshippers - faithful God-Emperor servants, and so on. All partie whaite when she see the trutn and butthirt of character.
- Former Rogue Trader Lein Eriksson (twisted Ericsh) - seek truth about whom blood sealed his Trade Patent. This secret was too danger and forbidden, and he connect with rather outlaws: criminals, chaos trells, dark eldar and another interesting persons. This lead him to attack an Navy and in prison, where all partie meets.
And some NPC:
- Choosen Ciro (see Broken chains) from Alpha Legion.
- Champion Chark Shidar from Word Bearers, Gifted by Gods with ash wings.
- Dark skitarii Ro-Mu-13. Untypically AdMech servant - smokes, jokes, and flirtates with Kelly. Slaanesh worshipper.
- Former acolyte of Inquisition, adept Damian Dorn. Latest join NPC, catched by warband and turned to Chaos.
I Play a world eater chosen from the great crusade.he wants revenge on the ultamarines. they fired upon and killed his squad when trying to join loyalst forces. He had a suden change of heart twards chaos. My friend plays a chosen death guard marine whois an ammo gluton and likes to be very through with his auto cannon. He likes big guns and is modivated by destruction.The GM plays an X storm trooper who lines up all our jobs and genarly helps with planing things. We should have a new player who will proly play a great crusade iorn warrior.
LIGHT UM UP!!!
I'm playing Slaaneshi Apostate and former Admistratum clerc who sold his soul to Chaos after witnessing the brazen pride of a cultist burned at the stake. He favors Chaos because he sees it as true in its vice and evil as opposed to the false and corrupt virtues of the Imperium.
Motto to life: Let the galaxy burn!
Number of Chapters I'm working on: ~60
Finished Chapters: Smoking Fists
Other projects: Feras (Xenos race)
Touched by the Alien (Dark Heresy Campaign)
A Psyker, currently unaligned, and obsessed with tech enhancing psychic ability (like Force Weapons, not like the Phaenonites who use the warp to enhance tech). She was an imperially sanctioned Psyker for the Inquisition, Ordo Malleus, but fell to the darkness because she didn't like seeing psykers attacked and punished for their birth. Hence the deal with Chaos. She's actually based on a DH character I ran who was heading in that direction ideologically and in terms of Corruption Points when I was playing her. Also, she knows about Necrons, and thinks that with some modifications to their technology they could be the answer….
Also despite not having two weapon wielder she carries around 4 swords at all times.
|Page 1 of 1 (9 messages)||1|