There's a certain joy in a neat, clean character sheet, with everything in its place and no erase marks marring your beautiful stats. Sadly, this is a joy that many people are not given the privilege of knowing, since many people have messy, illegible handwriting, and a tendency to make mistakes when making changes to their sheets (this very much includes myself). So I went ahead and created an alternate Deathwatch character sheet that doubles as a fill-able PDF form.
This character sheet makes use of many of the elements of the original Deathwatch character sheets and in fact I only made a few changes, detailed below:
- Removed the Characteristic Bar from the second page. In my experience, I would always make a change to one page, then forget to change the other page similarly, and come back later to find out I don't remember which number is correct.
- Compressed the size of the Skills table to leave a little breathing room on the sides. Added a category for "Miscellaneous Modifiers" to all Skills and Skill Groups. Added several new lines for additional Forbidden Lores, Scholastic Lores, and Tactics.
- Moved Wounds, Movement, and Fate Points to the second page. Renown and Experience were moved to the first page. I did everything I could to keep all the combat stuff on one page, with the exception of Characteristics.
- Combined the text for the Multi-Lung, Mucranoid, Oolotic Kidney, and Preomnor to cluster all Toughness-related skill modifiers in one place. Reworded several Space Marine abilities for clarity.
- Rearranged several of the items on page two to create more space for additional Talents and Gear. Replaced the Psychic Powers list with Deeds & Distinctions. Psychic Powers are now their own separate page. Added a "Notes" category at the bottom of the
- Added a block for Force Fields with the Armour stats.
- The character sheets now incorporate various Warhammer 40k artwork found around the web. I do not take credit for any of these background images, nor the border around the sheets (taken from FFG's own sheets). If you are the original owner of this artwork and wish it removed, please get in touch with me
Please let me know what you think!
Bah, should work now. Let me know if you run into any other problems.
Only minor detail to correct. Deathwatch Training talent is missing and any chance that you could make this saveble. Propably one of the best DW character sheets at the moment I have seen. Also the Solo and Squad modes would be nice to have.
Open mind is like Fortress with its gates unboundopen.
Routa-Maa: Are you using Adobe Acrobat/Reader to view the document? It works fine on my copy of Acrobat, but a couple of my friends have reported having issues with saving in Acrobat on their own PCs. Try using Foxit Reader, it worked for them.
Thanks for catching Deathwatch Training! I'll probably be making some fixes to the sheets this week if I get the time. I might work in Squad/Solo modes as well at some point, but then again I might wait for First Founding, since apparently we'll be getting some new ones with that book.
Also, if anyone comes up with a way to make the boxes fill in black with a mouse click in Acrobat Form Editing, I'd be delighted to hear about it! I know I've seen at least one other sheet do it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it myself.
Ok opening it with Adobe Acrobat seems to make it saveble. Adobe Reader X seem to have some problems. Some of my pdf files sometimes freeze when I use Reader but with Acrobat no such thing.
Open mind is like Fortress with its gates unboundopen.
The character sheet is awesome! Thanks very much for posting it.
Looking for Call of Cthulhu and Arkham Horror players in Cambridgeshire, UK.
Allowing one to edit the modifier from autosenses to account for Mark VI / II helmts would be great. Also that sentence about autosenses is missing an ")".
Any way to let Players of characters that don't have all the implants easily remove a few of the entries for Space Marine abilities?
Ciphers might need an additional row, as space marines can have both Cipers (Inquisition) and Ciphers (Deathwatch).
Someone else already mentioned Dodge trained being missing.
Unholy_Ravager: Thanks! I'll get that fixed.
The_Big_Show: Thanks for the compliment! I've had these sheets done up for a few weeks for my party to use, and given the positive response I received from them I decided I would share with the community.
Gokerz: Thanks for pointing out the typo! As far as the other items you pointed out, I'd love to implement those changes, but I'd probably need to re-do the whole form. I'll keep it in mind in case I end up with a considerable amount of free time and a bunch of changes to make.
I'm currently working on getting a Solo/Squad Mode sheet done, and I figured out how to fill in the little squares for Skills, so that should be a nice improvement! The updated sheets should be posted sometime this week.
- Added a new Solo and Squad Mode sheet to the end of the document. The only major changes I implemented were a space for Solo Mode improvements, and space for Chapter-specific Squad Modes. Also, both ends of the sheet face the same direction, so no need to flip your sheet upside down to check your Squad Modes!
- Characteristic and Skill Advances can now be filled in within the PDF. Less need for scribbling on your sheets!
- Under Power Armour Abilities, "Auto-Senses" has been renamed to "Mk. 7 Auto-Senses". This is to help serve as a gentle reminder to Space Marines wearing other armour suits that not all suits have the same modifier. Additionally, the missing parenthesis at the end of that ability has been fixed.
- Dodge is now correctly Trained for all Space Marines at character creation.
- Deathwatch Training is now on the list of starting Space Marine Talents
- The final Psychic Power block now has a space for indicating whether the Power is sustainable.
Absolutely love your sheets!!
But... I found the following errors:
- The Barter, Blather, Disguise & Secret Tongue skills do not exist in Deathwatch, the official sheet also has this error
- Missing the Wrangling skill.
- The 4 Common Lore, Drive:Ground Vehicles & Intimidate should be "trained" not "basic"
- Start with one trained Tactics (may or may not consider this one an error, but I think having the spot marked trained is a good reminder
- As per the newest errata, Unarmed Warrior should be included in the Talents
Can't wait to get the next revision, I've got a DW game starting soon.
Da red wunz go FASTA!!!
I'll hopefully be making some updates to these sheets in the next week or two (finals week + job hunting doesn't leave a lot of free time!). If there's anything you guys would really like to see on the sheets, make sure and let me know!
I'm currently looking into ways to handle Gokerzs' requests, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate the assist! (Essentially need to figure out how to get Acrobat or InDesign to swap out/edit text fields when a button/checkbox in the form is depressed - maybe I'm a moron but I can't figure out an easy way to do this!)
Real life recently reared its ugly head, so I haven't had a whole lot of time to get work done on these sheets. However I found some free time the last couple of days, and managed to get a considerable amount of work done. So without further ado:
- Per BeyondFandom's observations, the Barter, Blather, Disguise, and Secret Tongue skills have been removed from the character sheet.
- Wrangling is now correctly listed as a skill
- Common Lores, Drive, and Intimidate are now correctly labeled as "Trained"
- All Tactics slots are now labeled as "Trained" for when the appropriate Tactics are filled in
- Unarmed Warrior is now included in the list of Talents and Traits
As a special bonus, and a sort of apology for taking so long to update, I've also taken the time to create TWO NEW DOCUMENTS! A special character sheet for Dreadnought PCs, and a sheaf of printable Fate Point Cards (kudos to Durandal7 for the original idea)!
Based on my original design for the Deathwatch Space Marine character sheet, the Dreadnought sheet makes the following changes:
- The normal Armour locations have been changed to Front, Side, Rear, and Sarcophagus. The Space Marine artwork on the second page has been changed to a Dreadnought illustration. As always, if you are the original artist of this material, please let me know if you wish it taken down.
- Wounds has been changed to Structural Integrity. Fatigue has been removed from this sheet.
- The Power Armour Abilities box on page 2 has been renamed to Dreadnought Abilities. This box includes a list of the advantages and drawbacks of a Dreadnought.
- Space Marine Talents and Traits has been renamed to Dreadnought Talents and Traits. Several Talents and Abilities which do not benefit a Dreadnought character (Bulging Biceps, Unarmed Master, and Unarmed Warrior) have been removed from this list. Added Auto-Stabilized, Engine of War, Sturdy, and Weight of Years to the list.
- Several Space Marine Skills and Characteristics which a Dreadnought character cannot utilize (Acrobatics, Contortionist, Sleight of Hand, Swim, and Toughness) received a strike-through as a visual reminder.
Inspired by Durandal7's own Fate Point Cards, I've created these cards to aid players and GMs in bookkeeping, making it easier for players to keep track of how many Fate Points they have, and making it easier for GMs to reduce cheating ("Haven't you spent 13 Fate Points already?") The cards list each action a Deathwatch PC may take with his Fate Points, opening up more options to players who seem to think Fate Points can only be used to reroll Tests.
Been looking for a Deathwatch Character sheet for a while. Everyone that I've seen always misses out one thing, the Solo and Squad Mode sheets.
But yours is amazing. I haven't seen a single sheet that has it's own page for physic powers, that's going to be really helpful. Thanks alot. :D