“I’ve reached the main power generators. The shield will be down in moments. You may start your landing.”
–General Veers, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce the upcoming release of Assault on Echo Base, the fourth Force Pack in The Hoth Cycle for Star Wars™: The Card Game!
As Imperial walkers begin their march against Echo Base, the Rebel Alliance and its allies prepare to mount a desperate defense of their frozen refuge. Will the Rebel shields hold against the Imperial onslaught? Will the Rebel defense of Hoth buy enough time for light side forces elsewhere to gather recruits and spread hope throughout the galaxy? Or will General Veers lead the Empire’s walkers and troopers to a commanding victory while bounty hunters and Black Sun mercenaries chase down the remnants of the light side resistance?
Assault on Echo Base adds complete playsets of six new objective sets to Star Wars: The Card Game, opening up all-new strategies based around Walkers, Troopers, Droids, manipulating shield tokens, and removing damage from objectives. Meanwhile, two new objective sets feature powerful effects that trigger while their objectives are undamaged, encouraging players to center their strikes and defenses around them.
Prepare for a Surface Attack
“General, prepare your troops for a surface attack.”
–Darth Vader, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
One of the Empire’s greatest military leaders comes to life in the objective set built around The General’s Imperative (Assault on Echo Base, 267). Assault on Echo Base gives dark side players the chance to bring the renowned General Veers (Assault on Echo Base, 268) to the table, as well as the troopers and walkers under his command.
- A fantastic objective set for dark side players committed to winning the Battle of Hoth, The General’s Imperative offers an impressive mix of units, combat icons, trait-based synergies, and powerful card abilities. Centered around the strengths of General Veers and its objective, this set is likely to become a first choice for all Hoth-based dark side decks and a strong consideration for any Imperial Navy deck.
- While undamaged, The General’s Imperative increases your reserve value by one. In Star Wars: The Card Game, an increased reserve – or hand size – is invaluable as it leads to greater potential card draw and more options throughout the course of the game. It also means more cards in hand for the game’s critical edge battles. By combining two copies of The General’s Imperative in a deck with a copy of Reconnaissance Mission (Core Set, 36), you stand a good chance of playing with an increased hand size, and an off-chance of playing with as many as nine cards in your hand!
- Depicted holding the range finder of his AT-AT, General Veers is a highly skilled Officer, capable of organizing any array of Walkers and Troopers into a fearsome invasion force.
- Naturally, the objective set provides players with Walkers to make the most of Veers’ talents. Two copies of the Blizzard Force AT-ST (Assault on Echo Base, 269) can keep the pressure cranked up high against the light side, especially if they can wreak havoc with early attacks.
- On the other hand, the Turbolaser Battery (Assault on Echo Base, 270) makes a great late-game play as it can potentially undercut the light side’s resources once the dark side seizes control of the tide of battle.
- The final card in the set, Battle of Hoth (Assault on Echo Base, 271), combines nicely with the set’s other cards. Used aggressively, it can help Veers and his Blizzard Force AT-ST’s quickly eliminate opposing objectives. Used defensively, it can remove damage from The General’s Imperative and help to bolster your reserve.
Life in the Trenches
Assault on Echo Base is coming. With Imperial AT-STs marching across the frozen waste and snowtroopers rushing toward the trenches, there’s little time remaining for the Rebels and their allies to build their defenses, heal their wounded, and establish their battle plans.
The Assault on Echo Base begins in the second quarter of 2013!
Fantasy Flight Games